5.09.2011

Always writing!

The manuscript due date of the book is approaching and the excitement is increasing. I am in the process of closing the book and time seems to fly by, there is never enough time to finish everything!

Fabio sent me his work a long time ago, and I am now putting it together with my text, trying to avoid repetition in the narration of our journey. I'm satisfied even though I’m tired, and I really hope that this book will satisfy the curiosity of readers who want to know what happened in two weeks we spent crossing the Egyptian desert.

These days, because of the good weather, I'm working on the balcony and here I found a wonderful surprise. I discovered I was not alone: a pair of robins found an object hanging in the ideal conditions for their nest, and as I write I am accompanied by the comings and goings of parents intent on taking care of their little one, which I hear chirping in the container that has become their home. I cannot see them and I do not want to disturb or frighten them because it's beautiful to share the small space with them, as they are not at all intimidated by my presence. Each of us is dedicated to our work diligently without worrying about the presence of the other and it is wonderful to have the animals next to me especially at this time, I consider it a good omen. When I wrote "Desert", a family of owls was perched all the time on the tree outside my window. “Silent in the sand” I wrote with my lovely ferret, Baby, always on his knees. Now there are the robins to keep me company: thanks my fellow adventurer friends for giving me with your presence and so much serenity.

No comments: