7.28.2009

Enjoying each day

As the time for summer holidays approaches, it is very easy to become stressed with the last few weeks of work, or the heat of the summer. I find the thoughts of vacations; either dreaming about those to come, or reminiscing about those past, sometimes consume the mind, rather than enjoying the moment, and the beauty that the summer brings. This weekend's trip to the mountains refreshed me and reminded me of the truth I became aware of through my travels in the desert- life is to be enjoyed now, today. In every day beauty and peace can be enjoyed along side the demands and stress of life. Whether it is a walk through the park after work, half hour to relax out on the balcony, or an enjoyable dinner with friends, enjoy today and all the days of your "everyday life."

No comments: