5.24.2010

Speaking to twenty thousand youth



Friday evening in Piazza del Duomo, there was the largest gathering of the youth of Arcidiocesi in Milan who, during the summer, animate and serve as leaders in their oratorio (church youth groups) and on retreats to children and kids of the parishes, also present was Cardinal Tettamanzi. I was invited there to give my testimony of my life dedicated to the desert, in front of a crowd of twenty thousand people, silent and attentively listening to my story, who often burst into spontaneous applause, while on the big screen they showed images of Desert Therapy. I was able to offer a small but significant contribution to helping young people find their own way and this was an emotion that reached the depths of my soul. I was in the heart of my city, in front of thousands of kids talking about the desert, while a spectacular sunset made the backdrop, and the cathedral behind me was light by a choreography of colored lights that were constantly changing: I really experienced a moment of infinite joy.


At the end the Cardinal wanted to shake my hand, thanking me for the message of love that I was able to convey to young people: I hope that each of them find a way to face the deserts of their lives with the same determination and serenity that accompanied my steps, day after day.

No comments: