5.06.2010

Sports and good spirits



Last weekend Max’s hockey team, the Red and Black Devils, took part in a tournament with teams from Austria, Germany and Switzerland at the Sesto San Giovanni Ice Rink.


It was an opportunity to enjoy two days of real, clean sport, where enthusiasm and passion were the main focus of the event. It was not important to win or lose, but to spend time together, play and have fun.


In the evening there was a fun and delicious dinner on the ice (which was obviously covered for the event) with all the teams that participated, and then anyone who wanted could go skating on the rink.


Obviously I couldn’t miss it. I have always followed the athletics of Max and to find myself again amongst some of the guys Max has played with for many years was touching.


But the thing that surprised me the most was the sensation of peace and freedom I felt skating with them. It has been several years since I have put my skates on, but to hear the sound of the blades on the ice again, to feel the fresh air on my face and realize that my legs could find the right rhythm again, even after the big dinner, freed my mind of worries and gave me a great sense of serenity. Who knows: maybe it exists……….Ice Therapy!

No comments: