3.29.2011

Libia



With great sadness and sorrow I am following the events going on in Libya, a country that holds a place in my heart for the wonderful experience I had in the Akakus desert exactly two years ago. At that time, invited by Libyans, I had the great privilege of walking in a wonderful place, with the aim of bring a message of peace to Africa, ideally combining the people through the desert. Unfortunately, the significance of that gesture has been removed by what is happening these days: there are only the memories of an unforgettable experience with people of great sensibility, that accepted me and followed me with competence and affection during the crossing, and it pains me to know they are experiencing a difficult situation in their country. My hope remains alive that in the near future, Libya can find its balance and political stability, to give everyone the opportunity to learn about its incredible natural and historical beauty and finally bring a smile to the faces of its inhabitants. They deserve it indeed.

No comments: