11.14.2011

48 Hours!!


Only 48 hours until the presentation of “Looking over the dunes” the book I wrote together with Fabio about our challenge in 2008. For me it is my 3rd book and the other day when I finally got to hold a copy of the book in my hands, I felt the same emotions as with “Deserts” and “ Silence of the Sand”. In addition to the desert I shared with Fabio also the writing of a book and retelling of our long tiring days crossing the sand together. We shared moments of great fatigue but also others of intense joy, always facing them with the desire and determination to go forward, despite it all. As before, also this time retelling about the days of the crossing was like doing the challenge again, step after step. But there was something new: the book on tape that Fabio and I made with our own voices, a dialogue that expresses the intensity and the tension of those days and nights in the desert, how we were able to go forward on a challenge full of obstacles, physical and psychological. The presentation is fixed for Thursday, November 10 at 6pm at the Institute for the Blind in Milan.

No comments: