11.07.2011

My favorite flowers


My favorite flower has always been the plumeria. Perhaps because of its shape, essential and simple, or maybe because usually they grow in tropical places, but every time I find one I cannot resist their charm. And in the garden by my hotel room in Bahariya, I found them by surprise. A plumeria plant in full bloom that seem to be there just to welcome me. The flowers were smaller than those that usually grow in tropical climates, but the shape is unmistakable. I think of it as another gift from the desert, a kind thought that brought me a smile and joy. It takes little to be happy, and seeing them in the oasis in the middle of the desert was the cherry on top of the cake that made my two days there between the two wonderful trips of Desert Therapy even more special, making the experience unforgettable.

No comments: