4.24.2012

Sand

How wonderful is sand! Soft, pliable, always different: it is a pleasure to see and touch. The desert is made of sand that changes all the time, changing colors and texture, but the charm remains the same. It comes natural to caress it, sinking your feet and hands into it, to feel it give in and adapt to our body when we lie down on it, to sense its heat never excessive, like a hug. Far from the desert I miss it so much, and I always dream to have a room with sand floors, in which to stand barefoot or sit down to regain my thoughts and cleanse my soul, to keep calm me and carry me home after each trip and that makes even the darkest, stormy days, sweet and full of smiles. I keep a container with my sand in each room, and look at them and caress them often while I work. I remember the exact point where I have collected them and their presence helps me to return there, the place I love and feel close to even in everyday life, to accompany me in the path of every day.

No comments: