4.24.2012

Smells of the Desert

Tomorrow at 7pm we will have an event at the headquarters of Focus in Milan, where Daniel, who organizes trips with Desert Therapy, has set up an interesting journey through three symbolic places of our planet, the Gobi desert, the ice of Antarctica and Deserts of sand. Each of these environments is characterized by a perfume created especially by an expert in smells and hence the desert can be identified and remembered by the smell. I have not had a chance to smell it, I prefer to be surprised but I guess that the aroma will be very particular and will carry my mind to the memories of the great expanses of sand dunes, fields in the sand, and intense moments lived in that wonderful place. Within the exhibit there will also be the backpack of my last challenge and other items that have accompanied me during the crossings. Often smelling a fragrance brings our thoughts to a place that struck us and left an important and often pleasant memory: being able to return to the Desert thanks to this, is truly exceptional.

No comments: